Equality's Call - Free Virtual School Visits

Throughout the 2020-2021 school year, I'm available for free virtual school visits to read and talk about Equality's Call: The Story of Voting Rights in America.

The primary age range for the presentation is upper elementary, but the book can be used with students as young as PK, and has curriculum connections through high school. My presentation is adaptable to any of those grade levels.

I typically present via a webinar-style format (with the school providing the link) so that I can reach multiple classes at a single school or across a school district.  I also do classroom visits to a single class.

During my presentation, I talk about the writing process and how I came to write Equality's Call. Then I read the book. After that, I talk about the concepts of hearing equality's call and answering equality's call, and how students can use those ideas to make a difference in the world we share. I also discuss some contemporary voting rights issues.  I leave time at the end of my presentation for student questions.

If you are a teacher, school librarian, or school administrator and are interested in having me speak to your students, please contact me at deborah [at] deborahdiesen [dot] com

You can also find classroom resources about voting and voting rights at my web site:  deborahdiesen.com/voting

This video provides a preview of the book and also shows some of the slides that I use during my author talk.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classroom resource about gerrymandering

Equality's Call - Book Giveaway!