Voting Rights History Throughout the Year: Harriet Tubman

“…There was no one to welcome me to the land of freedom. I was a stranger in a strange land; and my home, after all, was down in Maryland, because my father, my mother, my brothers, and sisters, and friends were there. But I was free, and they should be free.”

--Harriet Tubman

Harriet Tubman (c. 1820-1913), abolitionist and suffragist, was born around the year 1820 and died March 10, 1913.  Harriet Tubman Day is observed on March 10.  The following are some links to learn more:

This blog post is part of an ongoing series of "this date in history" blog posts that highlight some of the people and events of voting rights history. Links provide an opportunity for students and teachers to explore and learn more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classroom resource about gerrymandering

Equality's Call - Book Giveaway!

Equality's Call - Free Virtual School Visits